Day 11 -- Sledding

We recently added a tube to our fleet of sledding implements. Today the kids and I discovered a game we call 'Bowling for Tilly.' 



Tilly stands partway down the sledding hill. Jacob and I sled down in the tube. Inevitably, we bump into her, catch her, and she slides with us the rest of the way. The first time it happened was by accident--I was sure she'd cry. Nope, she laughed and begged for us to do it again. 

P.S. No Tillys were hurt during this afternoon of discovery.
P.S. I have a new guideline for my blog, I am going to include a poem with each blog post. The Last Days of Summer Before the First Frost by Tim Bowling

Comments

  1. Include your own poems!!! :D Sledding is the best, I bet your hill is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you coming over to try it?! Let's get together!

      Delete
  2. I love this in so many ways it's hard to explain. I, too, have been tubing. I went looking for the post and found it was 7 years ago. Can it possibly be that long? It can. https://torchlakeviews.wordpress.com/2010/01/19/the-mothers-go-tubing-in-bellaire/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing you on a tube! Fun, eh? I like how it's much less impact then a plastic sled--my back thanks me at the end of the day. I'm intrigued by the full service, though. I drag my kids back up the hill for exercise, but i'd give that up in a second to have someone drag me up :).

      Delete

Post a Comment