Day 4 -- Playground on Ice

My kids and I visit the half-thawed playground. I tend to head for the bench, imagining I'll sit quietly while they play. Doh!

Mama will you push me? Mama, come ride the fire truck! Will you please help me climb up here, Mama?

Giving under-doggies, I become my Dad, who was not one to sit the bench. He gave the best under-doggies.

Another under-doggie, Mama! Another one!
Heart pounding, I run circles under my kids, lifting one over my head, then the other.

Here we are, able to be this people-powered, whirling machine, and I thank God for the work. 


Comments

  1. This post makes me miss those early childhood days! Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. I'm enjoying taking more time to reflect these days. I love your blog, just got a first glimpse at it yesterday and will be spending more time with it soon.

      Delete
  2. Love this. I too choose to sit on the sidelines and reflect, in my adult skin. But some of my favorite days are more like childhood, specifically engaging with nieces and nephews at parks or in whatever they are playing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so true. They beg you to join in, and I never regret it -- though I do love my adult time, too -- I like being reminded to take advantage of this precious time. Son, the invitations to push swings will cease. Sigh.

      Delete

Post a Comment