Day 9 -- Skinnamarink

As a child living in Southeastern Michigan, I got to watch some of the Canadian Broadcasting television that came over the airwaves. One of the shows I watched was the Sharon, Lois & Bram's Elephant Show, and from it, learned this song:

Skinnamarink

Skinnamarinky dinky dink
Skinnamarinky do,
I love you!

Skinnamarinky dinky dink
Skinnamarinky do,
I love you!

I love you in the morning,
And in the afternoon
I love you in the evening,
Underneath the moon…

Skinnamarinky dinky dink
Skinnamarinky do,
I love you!

There are arm movements involved. I recommend them, especially the hug.


I sing this song to my daughter to help her fall asleep, and to pass the time. 
I imagine I would sing it to her if we were in some sort of danger. 
I sang this song for my daughter tonight, and realized I was also singing it for me.
My heart, tonight, is a refugee heart.


Comments

Post a Comment