Day 16 -- Song and Poem

I'm going to be in a room full of poets and listeners today. This I find exciting, and also nerve wracking, as I'm chronically not big on crowds and the unknown. And yet I rally. I'm going through the usual pre-event-anxiety routine, but I rally. I'll be there. It always turns out better than the extremely creative "Worst Case Scenarios" dreamt up by my anxiety-prone brain. I know myself, and could sing a song of myself, and that's just what I will do today.

I'm section 39 and 40 of the Walt Whitman poem, Song of Myself.

Here is the Facebook Event page, with more details,  especially for those of you who live in or near Petoskey.

Big thanks to Thomas Lynch for inviting me to participate, and for making this event happen.

Hope to see you there if you can make it.

Comments

Post a Comment