Day 63 -- Band Aids



Floor needs TLC

Band aids are a big deal in our household, for scrapes both real and imagined. A daily request from my daughter, at first I resisted--but now I give in. They often end up discarded on the floor, or stuck on a stuffed animal's knee. I've learned not to restrict this kind of play, comfort, caregiving. I now seek out the funkiest band aids I can find. My favorite (not pictured here) are shaped like cupcakes.

As we age, band aids can change shape. A band aid for me is a gourmet caramel apple from  Alpine Chocolat Haus.

What kind of band aids do you love best?


Comments

  1. Happy Birthday cupcake band aids? ;) I used to restrict band aid play in my house too, so now my oldest scoffs when I let the youngest "waste band aids"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! And yes, the oldest kids do suffer in these kinds of ways, hey?

      Delete
  2. What a delightful thought, and a wonderful way to parent! ☺️My current bandaids are writing songs, journaling with coffee (esp after scary dreams), and giant soft pretzels made fresh at Village Baker in Spring Lake/Grand Haven. 'Donut pretzels' as my nephew accurately describes them :) (squishy and soft) These comforts make me a MUCH happier human 💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want a donut pretzel. Nooooooooooooowwwwwwww! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment